Helpful Manicure and Pedicure Singapore Details: How Long Does A Manicure and Pedicure Take?
Find out more about manicure and pedicure singapore
Helpful Manicure and Pedicure Singapore Details: How Long Does A Manicure and Pedicure Take in a Salon?
One of the main differences between manicure and pedicure is the body part where the nail service is done. Manicure is for your hands while pedicure is for your feet. These services can be done at home or in a nail salon or spa. Let’s get to know more about manicure and pedicure Singapore details focusing on how long a certain service would take if done in a salon.
What is a manicure?
It’s a popular cosmetic beauty treatment for your hands and fingernails that is usually done by a nail technician in a salon or performed by yourself at home. The process involves the following:
- Cutting of nails.
- Filing and shaping of nails.
- Cuticles are pushed back and then neatened.
- Relaxing hand massage.
- Painting of nails with your preferred color.
How long will a manicure take?
There are different kinds of manicure that you can choose from. It can last from 20 to 45 minutes. Express manicure only involves filing, shaping, buffing and nail painting. For the classic manicure, you’ll have additional services such as cuticle work and a hand massage. Other types of manicure may take more than 45 minutes since every layer of paint might need an LED lamp to set.
What is a pedicure?
If you want cosmetic treatment for your toenails and feet, this is called a pedicure. It is usually done for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes. It’s also popular most especially for women. It does not just involve caring for your toenails, the dead skin cells at the bottom of your feet will also be removed using a rough stone or a pumice stone. The skincare for a pedicure can reach up to your knee by exfoliating, moisturizing and massaging your feet. The following is the process involved:
- Footbath to soften the skin.
- Feet exfoliation is done using salt or other minerals especially intended for this process.
- Cuticles and toenails are then cut and shaped depending on your preference.
- Oils or creams will be used to massage your feet to help in softening your skin. Other salons will give you additional service in massaging your lower legs.
- Toenails will be polished using your desired color.
How long will a pedicure take?
Generally, it usually takes about an hour for a pedicure. But a standard treatment will depend on the additional services being provided. It could last from 45 to 90 minutes. There are also different types of pedicures that you can choose from.
The benefits of manicure and pedicure
Awesome benefits of doing so are the following:
- Increase in your blood circulation.
- Enhance your nail’s wellbeing.
- Help you de-stress.
- Your hands and feet will be kept smooth and delicate.
- Healthy skin is maintained.
Hopefully, these manicure and pedicure Singapore details helped you understand the differences between their services and the estimated time it will take to be completed.