What is Pedicure and Manicure? The Perks of Keeping Your Nails Healthy
Pedicure and Manicure singapore are not just a trend; it has become an important option for most people to keep their nails clean, styled and attractive.
Pedicure is a term used in cosmetic treatment of your toenails and feet. This is usually done for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes. It’s very popular, especially in women.
Manicure is the term used in cosmetic beauty treatment for your hands and nails that may optionally be done at home or in a salon providing this kind of service. It involves filing, pushing, clipping, treatments, hand massage and applying a nail polish.
We must not take our nails for granted, keeping them healthy can give us various benefits:
- Well-maintained nails improve overall health.
- Regular manicure and pedicure lower the possibility of getting fungi and infections.
- It can encourage new cell growth since dead skin cells are removed.
- It improves blood flow.
It’s amazing, right? Nails are small but are still considered a vital part of our body that also needs our attention and care.
The Basic Steps of Manicure
A manicure is not that complicated, but it may take time since it will depend on the specific service that you would like to have. There’s the classic manicure, the express manicure singapore, etc. But just to give you an idea of the steps involved, here are the basics that you need to know that you can also simply do:
- If you have a nail polish currently applied to your nails, remove it by using a nail polish remover.
- Clip your nails according to your desired shape. Next is you use a file and then buff your nails using a nail buffer.
- Use a cuticle stick to push back your cuticles.
- Exfoliate your hands, including your wrists and forearms.
- Moisturize hands and massage a little.
- Apply a base coat to your nails. Let it sit for two minutes before the next coat.
- Apply a coat of nail polish using your desired color. Let it sit again for two minutes before proceeding to the second coat if you want to put on another layer.
How Professionals Do the Pedicure
Having a pedicure is one of the best treats you can give to yourself. Your feet are rubbed down and treated by a professional is heavenly! Here are general steps that experts usually do:
- Existing nail polish removal.
- Feet will be soaked in warm water.
- Cuticle stick will be used to push back dead skin.
- Feet will be exfoliated.
- Foot file will next be used to treat the calluses.
- Toenails will then be clipped and shaped using a nail file.
- Feet will be moisturized and then massaged.
- Desired color of nail polish will be applied.
Professionals are trained and equipped with the right tools to provide the best and quality service.
Types of Pedicures
Here is a list on the kinds of pedicures that you can avail.
- Hot Stone
- Ice Cream
- Spa Waterless
How to Use Apple Cider for Pedi
This is another way to take care of your feet. Apple cider can rejuvenate your feet and eradicate the fungus in your nails.
All you need to do is to mix 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of warm water. If you need more, just mix it in equal parts. Soak feet for 30 minutes. This is the first step that you need to do for your pedicure.
Prevent Unhealthy Fingernails and Toenails
It’s important to take care of your nails. Always remember the following tips:
- Stop biting your nails and picking at your cuticles.
- Stop Pulling off hangnails.
- Don’t use too much harsh products for your nails.
- Never ignore nail problems that keeps coming back, go to a dermatologist.
Choose a nail salon that’s licensed or certified for the job and make sure all their tools are sterilized.
Keeping it Nice and Clean!
To help you keep your nails looking at their best, here are things that you can do:
- Always keep your nails clean and dry to avoid bacteria buildup.
- Maintain good nail hygiene. Use only sharp and clean tools.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Put on protective layer.
- Check with your doctor about having Biotin.
Nails can potentially spread infection that’s why it’s recommended to keep your nails short and clean.
12 Nail Changes That You Need Be Aware Of
You might notice some odd changes in your nails, and it may be a sign of a health issue. Here is a list along with their corresponding medical terms that you can take note:
- Dark streak: Acral lentiginous melanoma
- Nail lifting up: Onycholysis
- Redness and swelling around a nail: Paronychia
- Greenish black color: Paronychia
- Pitted nails: Pitting
- Yellow nails: Yellow nail syndrome
- Deep grooves (or gaps): Beau lines
- Ram’s horn nails: Onychogryphosis
- Thin, spoon-shaped nails: Koilonychia
- Washboard nails: Onychotillomania
- Curved nails: Clubbing
- Nail color changes:
- Blue – not enough oxygen.
- White – diabetes, liver disease.
- Pale – Anemia.
- Half pink, half white – Kidney disease.
- Yellow – nail infection, lung disease.
- Dusky red half-moons – heart disease, Could be lupus, arthritis, alopecia areata and dermatomyositis.
- Blue half-moons – might be an indication of poisoning.
Understanding Subungual Melanoma – Skin Cancer
A kind of skin cancer that rarely develops beneath the surface of your nails is called melanoma or Subungual (means under the nail) melanoma may look like black or brown streak, usually misunderstood as a bruise.
It usually appears in big toenail or thumbnail but might also develop in other nails. The risk factor of getting this type of cancer is due to the repetitive injury to the finger or toenails.
It can spread to the other parts of the body and can be deadly. If there are signs of subungual melanoma, see a dermatologist right away.
The Right Time to Visit A Dermatologist
People have different reasons when seeing a dermatologist. It may be because of acne or skin problems, skin cancer, scar treatment, etc.
However, they also specialize in nail care and issues. So whenever you see a persistent change and problem with your nails, see a dermatologist right away to get the right assessment and be given the appropriate medication.
Avoid Damaging Your Fingernails and Toenails
Your nails should always be strong and healthy. Nail damage can lead to bigger problems in the long run; it may even lead to cancer if there is a continued injury and left untreated.
Manicure and Pedicure may have good health benefits but there are still risks. If you have an existing nail damage, avoid applying artificial nail on top of it. Numerous touchups can extremely harm natural nails.
Use artificial nails for special events. Minimize cuticle trimming as much as possible. LED curing light is highly recommended than using UV curing light. Soak-off gel is preferred than acrylic nails.
Tips on How to Keep Them Beautiful
Keeping your nails beautiful can be achieved by doing the following things:
- Leave your cuticles alone.
- Nail hardeners should be used cautiously.
- The nail bed and cuticle should be moisturized.
- If your doctor allows it, take biotin supplements.
- Choose the right professional manicurists but limit the visits.
- Avoid using polish removers that are acetone-based.
- Don’t use rough emery boards.
- Don’t wash your hands too much and avoid directly touching cleaning chemicals.
- Some shampoos don’t work well with nails, especially those that strip oils from hair; it can dry your nails.
- Opt for nail tips than full extensions to avoid bacterial and fungal infection.
The Importance of Letting the Experts Take Care of You
Nail experts are trained for the job, and you always get the right service for the price you paid. It’s important to let the experts handle your nails for the following reasons:
- They know the dos and don’ts of nail care.
- They have the right tools and facilities.
- They can help you de-stress.
Choose the right nail spa that understands your needs.
Why Choose Nailist?
Nailist offers the perfect place, a warm cozy surrounding where you can just sit back, enjoy your moment and relax. We only offer high-quality products, putting 100% sincerity in our services.
How To Contact Nailist?
The Nailist – Holland Road Shopping Centre – 6463 0028
The Nailist – 313 Orchard Road – 6634 1603
The Nailist – Raffles Holland V – 6262 6163
Is Nailist Expensive?
No. The price is just right.
One of our clients even testified that our rates are affordable.
Nailist Singapore Branches Location
- Holland Road Shopping Centre
- 313 Orchard Road
- Raffles Holland V
Nailist Services Offered
- Full-range services of manicure and pedicure
- Body waxing
- Foot Reflexology
- DPL hair removal (coming soon)
Read One of Our Comments
“I really love it here. This is my usual mani/pedi place as they have affordable prices (Singapore gets expensive at times!) and give great customer services. If you are a regular Jen will remember you and personally come and catch up every time you come back! Love that! Highly recommend.” – Elisa H.