Can I Get A Manicure With Short Nails?
Find out more about Manicure singapore
Are you thinking about getting a manicure for your short nails? If you’re having doubts because it’s too short, don’t worry because it’s possible to do it, and it’s easier too. It needs lesser effort and time compared to longer nails.
Nails can come in all sizes, shapes and lengths. If you want to add length to your short nails, this can be done by adding a builder or acrylic gel. It’s a usual overlay where a plastic tip is glued on. However, this is not good for those who have very short nails because when the tip is glued on, some or a lot of the nail plate will be taken up, which will depend on the kind of plate that is being used. A sculpted nail is preferred because it can seal the nail plate. If you use the tips, the glue may loosen and cause the rest of the enhancement done to pop off.
Here are some things that you need to take note if you have short nails:
- It’s not recommended to go longer than the nail plate if your nails are very short.
- You can do a standard manicure.
- It’s a little tricky to get a gel polish but not impossible since it will depend on the nails.
- The gel should not be cured on the skin since it can cause lifting.
Getting a manicure Singapore does not need long nails. It helps in maintaining your cuticles and prevents ingrown nails. Most of the time, special oils are added to keep your nails healthy and strong. Getting your short nails done is not a problem.
Painting on your short nails can make them look cute and trendy. However, getting a manicure is more than just about painting them; it’s about the overall health of your nails. Part of the health maintenance before painting them includes:
- Cuticle care
- Oil application
- Cream massage
Most would do it routinely and have a manicure Singapore professional or nail technician do it for them while others do it once in a while. However, you can also take care of your short nails at home by following these simple steps:
- File your nails to give it a smooth, even finish and a rounded shape.
- Moisturize them by applying a hand cream. Put cuticle oil around your nail edges. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Use warm and soapy water and soak your hands for five minutes.
- Pat dry using a clean towel and then buff your fingernails.
- Using your cuticle stick, you can push back the cuticles but never cut them since it protects your nails from getting infected.
- In coloring your nails, apply a base coat first.
- Once the base coat is dry, apply your desired color. First coat should be thin and nice to avoid smudging.
- Apply a second coat once the first coat is dry.
- Use a top coat to seal the color.
- Clean up any excess polish using a cotton bud or fingernail.